Great Staff. Great Students. Great Parents.
Global Citizenship Energy
We are currently working on our 7th Green Flag. The committee are doing excellent work in school. They have helped co-ordinate activities in the school and are assisting Mr.s McCormick and the other teachers in educating the children around the theme of Energy and Global Citizenship. Some of the things they are doing or have done include:
- The Shoebox Appeal for Team Hope
- Creating a noticeboard on Global Citizenship Energy
- Finding out about how people around the world heat their homes
- Creating a tip sheet on saving energy
- Finding aout about Climate Change
- Monitoring electricity usage in the school
- Trying to reduce energy consumption
- Checking lights and plugs to ensure they are turned off when not in use
Shoebox Appeal for Team Hope
The image gallery is empty.
Green School Committee
We are working hard to achieve our new flag!
- Taking part in the Marys Meals backpack project
- Learning about Irish Aid and the Global Goals for Sustainable Development
- Taking part in the Friendship Tree Project with schools in Uganda
- Learning how to say hello in different languages
- Planting in the vegetable garden
- Fairtrade lessons for all classes
- Bringing in Fairtrade items to the school
- Looking at links we have with different countries
Attention all pupils!
Junior and Senior Infants
- Take home lunch packaging
- Reuse toilet roll tubes for Art
- Take uneaten full pieces of fruit home
- Do not use the silver bin for recyclable waste
- Start reusing small bits of paper
- Reuse small pieces of paper